Saturday, February 23, 2013

Fractured Lily
Since taking Julie Ford Oliver's Fracturing workshop in December, I've been practicing her unique technique.  It does take some practice and I've had a lot of "wipe-offs" but this one I think shows some progress.  The whole idea is to break the lines, abstract the shapes somewhat and give a more free feeling to the painting.  For anyone wishing to "loosen up", this is a great technique. And it's fun too!  Julie has a new Artbyte out that very well explains the technique.

3 comments:

  1. You can pat yourself on the back, my dear Audrey - this is simply beautiful. I love your colors and design.
    You are very talented.

    Thanks for passing on information about my artbyte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy to see this. We had a great time at the workshop and this beautiful lily demonstrates that a workshop can pay off. Thanks for dragging me along. I hope you continue to use Julie's fracturing technique. It gives your otherwise very nice work a fresh, impressionistic look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By George, I think you have it! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete